Saturday, April 14, 2012

Moving forward and looking back

It seems that life is moving forward...like it or not. Except, for the most part, I'm 100% ready to move on. Packing things that aren't mine to make room for things that are. Taking things out of storage that I haven't seen in months feels really good. Having a place to call 'home' feels even better. Sharing that home with the man I've loved for more than 15 years....the best feeling ever.

Look back....the last 15 months have been a whirlwind of emotion and events. Finally deciding that my marriage was over, taking the steps to convey that to my husband *sigh*, reconnecting with my high-school sweetheart, supporting each other through life's events, moving out of my apartment, feeling like life was leaving me in the dust....yeah, it's been quite a ride. A pregnancy that I had been told would never happen, followed by a miscarriage that tore my heart in two. Divorce papers being signed....life has a way of making you happy and sad all at the same time.

Now, today, this moment...I am happier than I have ever been. And for that, Lord, I say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment